posted this on December 26, 2011 23:51
1. Invoke Virus Barrier X6. Then click the Firewall button at the top of the main screen as indicated below. The Firewall Rules tab will appear.
2. Click the Advanced button in the upper right corner of the Firewall Rules tab.
3. Click the "+" button below the list of settings, as indicated below (lower left corner).
4. A new item will appear at the end of the list, named untitled settings.
5. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard and change it to "Splashtop." Then click the Assistant button in the lower right corner.
6. The Firewall Assistant window will appear. Click the Next button.
7. Enter “Splashtop” as the name for your rule in the Name field, then click the Next button.
8. This page lets you choose the Communication Direction. Select the appropriate settings, then click the Next button.
9. This page lets you choose the service(s) that the rule will affect. After you have done so, click Next.
10. This page lets you choose additional options for your rule. Click Next when done.
11. Click Create a rule in the opposite direction to enable it, as shown below.
12. When ready, click Configure in this final page (above) to create the rule according to the settings you have selected in the Firewall Assistant.
13. You will be returned to the Firewall Rules tab. Your new rule now displays in the VirusBarrier X6 list of Firewall Rules.
14. Click “Splashtop” protocol to be the default setup.
15. Double-click “Splashtop lnv” in the Firewall Rules list.
16. A window offering additional options for Splashtop lnv will open. Click the “+” button for the “Service” option as indicated below.
17. The New Service “untitled service 1” dialog box will appear. Click within the “Protocol” field to open a menu.
18. Select TCP from the drop-down list.
19. Select the Range of Ports button. Under that, enter “6783” in the “From Port” field (left side), and enter “6785” in the “to Port” field (on the right side). Click the OK button.
20. You will be returned to the window shown below. Click the OK button.
21. You will then be returned to the “Firewall Rules” tab.
22. Click the Antivandal icon near the upper right corner of the Virus Barrier X6 window. Then in the Antivandal Policy tab, click the Port Scans option as indicated below.
23. Click Advanced to switch to the Advanced page. Then adjust the Sensitivity indicator to an intermediate setting (in the middle between the Low and High values), as shown below.
Support Software by Zendesk