posted this on January 11, 2012 18:26
1. Open the ESET Smart Security 5 window.
2. Click Setup on the left side of the window, then click the Network option in the Setup screen.
3. In the Network screen, click Advanced Personal firewall setup….
4. In Advanced Setup, the “Personal Firewall” setup options will be shown. Note that Filtering Mode is set to Automatic Mode by default.
This would need to be changed to Interactive Mode as shown below, if you do want a Windows pop-up message to ask you to confirm every time Splashtop Streamer is executed.
Or, ensure that Automatic mode is selected in the list of Filtering Modes if you don't want the Windows message to pop up every time, then click the OK button.
5. You will then be returned to the Network screen. Select the Advanced Personal firewall setup… option again.
6. In Advanced Setup on the left side of the window, select Rules and zones (under Personal firewall). Then, on the right side, click the Setup… button in the Zone and rule editor section.
7. In the Rules tab of the Zone and rule setup window, click the New button.
8. The New Rule window will open. In the General tab, shown below, do the following:
8-1. Type “Splashtop” in the Name field.
8-2. In the Action drop-down menu, select the Allow option.
8-3. Then, back at the top of the window, click Local to open the Local tab.
9. In the Local tab, click the Browse… button.
10. In the Open dialog, browse to the “C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server” folder.
10-1. Click DataProxy and then click the Open button.
NOTE: Change the drive name if your Splashtop Streamer is installed in another drive
(for example, in D:\ ......)
11. Return to the Local tab in the New rule dialog box, verify that it is correct, and then click the OK button.
12. Make sure the DataProxy application has been added into the “Application/Rule” list in the Rules tab of the Zone and rule setup window. Then click the OK button.
13. Repeat Steps 7 through 12 to add the remaining applications listed below into the “Application/Rule” list. After you have done this, all settings are finished.
C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server
Support Software by Zendesk