Some users have written to tell us that the latest Splashtop Remote client update (v184.108.40.206) for their iPad crashes. If this has happened to you, please provide information below about your configuration, and the situation/steps you performed prior to the crash, so we may help to identify the problem. For example:
- Tell us the client device and the OS version; such as iPad2 running iOS 5 beta 5, etc.
- Tell us the OS on which Splashtop Streamer is running, such as Windows 7, 64 bit.
- Were you logged in to gmail?
- Was this a new installation, or an upgrade? If an upgrade, from what previous version?
- Any other information that might help us to identify the problem.
So far, we are aware of the scenarios listed below, followed by some suggestions:
1. Some users report that they were connected to a PC successfully, then they logged off of Windows. The client app then tries to reconnect, but fails and crashes.
- Solution: Restart the app and it should connect again successfully.
2. Some users report that they tapped the Splashtop Remote app icon; then after the Splashtop animation, it went back to the iPad Home screen immediately.
- Suggestion #1: Remove Splashtop Remote Desktop and re-install from the App Store.
- Suggestion #2: Remove unused apps running by multi-threads (double-click the Home button and tap-and-hold on the icons at the bottom of the iPad) or restart the iPad.
- Suggestion #3: Make sure you are using Splashtop Remote v220.127.116.11 on the iPad; and Splashtop Streamer v18.104.22.168 or higher if on Windows, or v22.214.171.124 or higher if on Mac.
- Suggestion #4: If your iOS version is 3.x, try updating to iOS v4.3.5. This should solve the problem.
- Suggestion #5: If you are using the "Use computer's native resolution" setting on your tablet/phone, and connect to a Windows Streamer with a resolution higher than 2048, the Splashtop Remote app may crash. Currently this is a technical limitation. As a work-around, please lower the Streamer's resolution to 1920 (or lower).