This topic applies to:
Here are some suggestions you can try:
- Make sure your computer and your tablet/phone are on the same local network (connected to the same wireless router).
If your computer and your tablet/phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network, your computer should be automatically discovered by Splashtop Remote from your tablet/phone.
- If you can't automatically find your computer on the same local network, please also try to change the encryption on your home router(esp. NETGEAR). Try to change to AES Tkip or none encryption to see if there's difference.
- Make sure your Streamer program on the computer has been successfully launched (an icon will show in the Windows System Tray or the Mac Toolbar).
- Try to add the computer profile from your tablet/phone. To add a computer profile automatically, follow this guide for assistance: How do I add or specify a computer I want to connect to?
- If you have created multiple user accounts on the computer (Windows), try to delete the registry KEY under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Splashtop Inc.\ , then restart the computer and try again.
- Allow Splashtop Remote as a trusted application program to your firewall software application:
Mac configuration: Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote - Mac configuration.
Windows configuration: Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote - Norton.
If you have other third-party anti-virus/firewall software applications (e.g., ESET NOD, MSE, McAfee, Norton, ZoneAlarm, DoorStop X, VirusBarrier X6 etc...) installed in your computer, please configure them to add Splashtop Remote services into the allowed program list. We have collected some samples on this link could be a good reference :Firewall settings on different anti-virus/security software.
- If your firewall software needs to add files respectively, please add the files as follows.
-inputserv.exe (only necessary for Splashtop Remote Touchpad)
-TCP ports 6783~6785 by default, if your firewall requests to open ports instead of adding exception files.
- If you are using Windows 7, please add another firewall policy for opening ports 6783~6785, which are used by Splashtop Remote by default.
Procedure: Open the Windows Start Menu, open the All Programs list, type "firewall," access the advanced firewall settings. Go to Inbound Connection, click "New Rules" in the right panel, select Port, click Next, select TCP, then type 6783-6785.
NOTE: Firewall settings may differ depending on the firewall software you use. We can only provide guides to some of them; we are unable to provide a detailed guide for all. So we recommend that you can first turn OFF the firewall temporarily when trying other suggestions stated and then turn the firewall back on.