The first time you successfully make a remote connection on your iPad, iPhone or Android devices, a Hints screen initially displays, which illustrates the various screen-control actions you can use during a Splashtop Remote session. The functions of some of the gestures are different, depending on whether you are using the iPad, iPhone or Android devices. All Hints screens are illustrated below.
On the iPad:
On the iPhone:
On the Android devices:
On the NOOK COLOR device:
Unless otherwise noted, the list below describes iPad, iPhone, and Android devices gestures. On the iPhone, the behavior of some gestures is different, as notated below:
- Tap: Equivalent to left mouse click.
- Tap-and-hold (long press): Equivalent to right mouse click.
- One-finger drag:
- On the iPad, the one-finger tap-and-drag gesture can be used to select text, or to drag the scroll bar.
- On the iPhone, the one-finger tap-and-drag can be used to move files by dragging-and-dropping the desired files; or for operating the scroll bars.
- Two-finger tap: Equivalent to hovering the mouse over the tapped area ("mouse-over").
- On Android devices, the two-finger tap gesture is not supported.
- Two-finger drag: Scrolls the active window.
- Three-finger drag: On your iPad, a three-finger drag will scroll the entire screen. For example, if the keyboard is open, this would allow you to view what is blocked by the keyboard.
- Two-finger pinch-zoom: Zooms in and out.
- On Android devices, the two-finger pinch gesture is not supported.
- Two-finger pinch-and-drag: Functions the same as the three-finger drag (mentioned above) to pan the screen on the iPad. On the iPhone, panning can be done via one-finger drag. On Android devices, the two-finger pinch-and-drop did not be supported.
- Three-finger tap: A three-finger tap will display advanced controls which allow you to adjust the video mode, switch the display, and other options.
By default, the Hints screen appears every time you start a remote connection. Tapping Continue closes the screen and lets you continue with your remote connection. However, the Hints screen will still display again the next time you initiate a remote connection.
NOTE: If you do not want it to display every time, you can turn it off by switching the Show hints every time field to Off. (After that, it can only be turned back on in the Settings screen.)