NOTE: In our experience, we have found that sometimes, in order to solve the connection issue, avast has to be totally uninstalled, and then re-installed again after Splashtop Streamer has been installed. Then, some Splashtop Streamer files need to be added into the avast exception list, as explained in the following steps.
1. Launch avast! Antivirus from Windows > Start Menu > avast! Free Antivirus.
2. Click on Option panel > ADDITIONAL PROTECTION > Settings.
3. After you click the Settings button in the screen shown above, the Avast! File System Shield Settings screen for AutoSandbox displays, as shown in the next illustration. Click the browse button and add the Splashtop files into the “AutoSandbox” list.
4. Select the Add button and then repeat Step 3 to add the following application files into “AutoSandbox.”
C:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server
─ OR ─
C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server
- Dataproxy.exe (only necessary if still using Internet Discover feature)
- spupnp.exe (only necessary if still using Internet Discover feature)
- SRLogin.exe (no longer exists in ver. 2.x and later)