1. Launch McAfee, and check the version number of McAfee Total Protection in the About box, as shown in the example below.
NOTE: The “McAfee Anti-Virus Plus” version does not have firewall settings.
2. Click on Navigation, and then select Firewall, as indicated in the illustration below.
3. Click on Internet Connections for Programs.
4. A list like the sample illustration below will display. You need to add the appropriate Splashtop files to the list. Click the Add button (shown below on the left).
5. Then click the Browse… button (shown above on the right), and add the following application files into the “Firewall List:”
C:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server
─ OR ─
C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server
- Dataproxy.exe (only necessary if still using Internet Discover feature)
- spupnp.exe (only necessary if still using Internet Discover feature)
- SRLogin.exe (no longer exists in ver. 2.x and later)
6. In addition to adding the above files to the white-list, please also open ports 6783~6785 for All PCs from My Network Connections, as shown in the screenshot below.
7. If you don't want to open ports for All PCs, you can add the IP addresses for specific computers instead.
McAfee may ask you to ALLOW Splashtop Streamer to pass through your firewall before you add the above files into the Exception list (shown on the previous page). Please choose Allow always if the dialog box shown below appears.