1. Open the ESET Smart Security 6 window.
2. Click Setup in the left sidebar, then click the Network option in the Setup screen, as indicated below.
3. In the Network screen, click Advanced Personal firewall setup….
4. In Advanced Setup, the “Personal Firewall” setup options will be shown. Note that the Filtering Mode is set to Automatic Mode by default.
Optionally, this would need to be changed to Interactive Mode as shown below, if you do want a Windows pop-up message to ask you to confirm every time the Splashtop Streamer is executed.
Or, if you do not want the Windows message to pop up every time, ensure that the default setting of Automatic mode is selected in the list of Personal Firewall Filtering Modes. Then click the OK button.
5. You will then be returned to the Network screen. Select the Advanced Personal firewall setup… option again.
6. In Advanced Setup on the left side of the window, select Rules and zones (under Personal firewall). Then, on the right side, click the Setup… button in the Zone and rule editor section as indicated below.
7. In the Rules tab of the Zone and Rule Setup window, click the New button.
8. The New Rule window will open. In the General tab, shown below, do the following:
8a. Type “Splashtop” in the Name field.
8b. In the Action drop-down menu, select the Allow option.
8c. Then, back at the top of the window, click Local to open the Local tab.
9. In the Local tab, click the Browse… button.
10. In the Open dialog box, browse to the “C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server” folder.
10a. Click DataProxy and then click the Open button as indicated below.
11. Return to the Local tab in the New rule dialog box, verify that it is correct, and then click the OK button.
12. Make sure the DataProxy application has been added into the “Application/Rule” list in the Rules tab of the Zone and rule setup window. Then click the OK button.
13. Repeat Steps 7 through 12 to add the remaining applications, listed below, into the “Application/Rule” list. After you have done this, all settings are finished.
in C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server :
- Dataproxy.exe (only necessary if still using Internet Discover feature)
- spupnp.exe (only necessary if still using Internet Discover feature)
- SRLogin.exe (no longer exists in ver. 2.x and later)