Here are some suggestions you can try:
- Make sure your computer and your tablet/phone are on the same local network (i.e., they are connected to the same wireless router).
If your computer and your tablet/phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network, your computer should be automatically discovered by Splashtop CamCam from your tablet/phone.
- Make sure the Streamer program on your computer has been successfully launched and the version is v188.8.131.52 or later (an icon will display in the Windows system tray).
- Try to add the computer profile from your tablet/phone. To add a computer profile automatically, follow this guide for assistance: How do I add or specify a computer I want to connect to?
- If you have created multiple user accounts on the computer (Windows), try to delete the registry KEY under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Splashtop Inc.\ , then restart the computer and try again.
- Allow Splashtop Remote as a trusted application program to your firewall software application:
Windows configuration: Firewall Settings for Splashtop Remote.
If you have another 3rd-party anti-virus/firewall software application (e.g., ESET NOD, MSE, McAfee, Norton, ZoneAlarm, DoorStop X, VirusBarrier X etc...) installed on your computer, please configure to add Splashtop Remote services into the allowed program list of that application.
- If your firewall software needs to add files respectively, please add the files as follows:
- inputserv.exe (only necessary for Splashtop Remote Touchpad)
- TCP ports 6783~6785 in default if your firewall requests to open ports instead of adding exception files
NOTE: Firewall settings may differ depending on the firewall software you use, and we can only provide guides to some of them; we are unable to provide a detailed guide for all. So we recommend that you first turn OFF the firewall temporarily when trying other suggestions stated, and then turn the firewall back on.
If you want to connect your computer from an outside network or 3G, please read the related topic by clicking on the link below: