We now support the "Internet discovery" feature. Here are the instructions. You need:
Splashtop Streamer for Windows: V184.108.40.206 or later (Mac is not yet supported)
Splashtop CamCam for Windows:
- To use the "Internet Discovery" feature, you must have a Gmail account.
- You must use the latest version of the Splashtop Remote Streamer for Windows (v220.127.116.11 or higher). These instructions apply ONLY to these versions. (Keep in mind that the interface and instructions will likely change in future versions.)
- Download and install the Streamer for Windows from http://www.splashtop.com/remote/download.
- Open the Network tab in the Splashtop Remote Streamer dialog box.
- Enter your Google credentials here. Make sure to type in your full email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org) in the E-mail field. After you enter your Password and click the Login button, you should see a successful login message if your account is successfully logged in.
Splashtop CamCam iPad and iPhone / iPod touch client:
- Download the client from the iTunes App Store and open it.
- Go to the Splashtop Remote global settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- You should see an "Internet Discovery" option listed there. Tap it to enter another screen. You'll be asked for your Google Email and Password. Enter your Google credentials here. Make sure to type your full email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org) into the Email field. After you enter your Password, tap "Sign in." You should see a green checkmark if the account is successfully logged in.
You're done. Your iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch should be able to automatically discover your computer now.